This editor lets you easily create and edit bookmarklets. You can convert an existing bookmarklet into readable code, or convert readable code into a bookmarklet.
Bookmarklets are similar to browser extensions. I prefer bookmarklets to browser extensions for multiple reasons:
- They work on all devices. Desktop, iOS and Android.
- They only have access to the page you invoke them on.
- It is easy to read, understand and change the code as it is just a single file.
- I can organize them just like my other bookmarks.
- Sharing a bookmark is as easy as copy/pasting a line of text.
How to use Bookmarklets
- Write some code into the textarea.
- Click the "To Bookmark" button.
- Copy the code into an existing bookmark.
- Now, when you click on your bookmark, the code gets executed.
ExamplesHere are some examples. When you click on one, the code will be loaded into the textarea.
- Ruler - Shows a horizontal line that you can move around with the mouse
- Increase Font size - Increases the font size of all elements on the screen by 25%
- Unsticky - Hides all sticky elements on the current page